Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 34: Empire state of mind

Giants Win!!  Wahoo!  Now I'm not a REAL Giants fan, I'm a bandwagon fan.  I'll admit it, but I have friends who are die hard Giants fans and I really hate Tom Brady, so of course I was going for the Giants win.  Not only did they win, but I put out an amazing spread and I won $10!!  Wahoo!

I did put on a great spread and for the most part I felt like I was able to manage my intake.  I had a sampling of everything I put out, but I didn't go crazy and stuff myself until I was ready to puke.  I watched other people who attended our party do that, but I'm happy to say that I was not one of them.  I was able to contain myself until dessert time, and then I probably ate about the equivalent of 4-5 brownies.  Oopsie, I had an accident.  It's fun to call them accidents.  It's like wetting your pants (which I will admit I've done at least once a year since I was born), you try really hard not to, but sometimes it just happens and you can't help it.  I was overcome with elation at my win and all of sudden I had eaten a giant "block" of brownies.  It was an accident, for sure. I did however start my day off with a brisk walk around Greenlake before the food cooking and consumption began.  This was my second trip to Greenlake in two days!  Seattle has been AH-MAZINGLY beautiful the past few days and it would be a crime to waste that.  So, I booked it yesterday afternoon with Sara and this morning with Noelle.  Two great women that I LOVE spending time with.

You're probably wondering how my 'sticking to the food plan' is going?!  Well....aside from today, it's been great!  I feel like I totally have a handle on it.  I have literally only eaten the things I wrote in the plan and it has felt so empowering to know that I have control and more importantly self-control.  I realize that I don't NEED all those things I like to convince myself I do.  I haven't once felt hungry or like I was being deprived.  Believe me, it wasn't easy and I'm going to keep it going until Wednesday at least.  Today I wrote a 'half-ass' plan knowing that I couldn't predict exactly what I was going to make.  So the things I "planned" on eating I didn't even end up makin, so I had to really keep myself in check.

I have been sticking to my guns in terms of cardio as well.  I have been swimming and walking my butt off and I have complete cardio everyday since I started to food plan.  I'd like to think that I could stick to writing a weekly plan every week and sticking to it, keeping myself from unnecessary snacking, but I'm not sure that I can handle that lack of freedom and choice on a daily basis.  We will see how it works in terms of weight loss and I may continue, giving myself 2-3 options for choice a week.  This may be enough freedom for me and keep me in check for the rest of each week.  Continuing to show myself that I can be in control of what goes in my mouth and lessen the opportunity for 'accidents'.

With the encouragement from another friend I took my measurements this week so that I could track the loss of inches as well as pounds.  After taking a closer look at my day one and my day 30 photos I can see a difference and I want to be able to calculate how many inches of lard have melted off my body.

You may also be wondering where my 'Flush' went at the beginning of this month?  I had originally stated that I was going to flush or de-tox once a month for the first year.  After much consideration and concern from some of my nutritionist friends, decided that was a bit too much.  So, I have decided to cleanse once every three months for no more than 5-7 days.  I don't think my body can handle much more than that or I start to get foggy and can't function at the level I am used to.

I will continue to make you proud and stick my food and cardio plan for the rest of this weigh in week, which for me goes Thursday-Wednesday.  I was down over 10 pounds after month one and I think, if I could lose 10 pounds every month, that's a 120 pounds by the end of the year.  Likely?  No.  Bodies fluctuate, plateau and sometimes balk at weight loss.  I want to be in tune with what my body wants and needs and when it needs a change in scenery.  How I will change the scenery for my body, not sure.  I know that right now, it likes what it sees and eats, so I will stick with this path for now and roll with changes as they are necessary.

Lovin life, lovin myself and today lovin my food accidents :)

No comments:

Post a Comment