Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 27: The candy man can cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good.

Man I love candy.  I'm watching Willy Wonka on tv as my blogging background of choice.  It's a temptation that I can't eat, thankfully.

After my enlightenment about the scale, Thursday took a quick downturn for this woman.  The day started off with an unexpected phone call that sent me rushing to work for some forgotten items.  ugh!  I hate when that happens.  I planned on sleeping in and doing things from home, but instead I had to shoot out of bed and get myself rushing.  I did decided that me having to rush to work on my day off meant I could stop for a latte, but when I got there, the line was soooo long, there was no way I was waiting in that mess, so I opted to just suck it up and down some satisfying ice water instead.  I got quite a bit done at work, and then had a surprise visit from my brother and we go a chance to meet up and go to lunch!  We headed to an amazing Puerto Rican restaurant and I indulged in some sweet potato fries and a delicious pulled pork sandwich covered in veggies.  The sandwich was so good, I didn't need to eat very many of the fries and the best thing about the pork was it wasn't slathered in bbq sauce, but it was slow cooked in some amazing spices in a broth.  I was a great choice and it was so delicious.  I was feeling good about lunch choices thus far.  I headed back to work to get a few more things done before I go to head out with one of my amazing teens.  We were headed to a training to some much needed shopping for her special event.  I did however fall into the desk candy trap this week.  I did a round of encouragement for my staff on Wednesday night, which kept me at work until 9:30.  Who can write encouragement notes with adorning the envelopes with sweet treats.  Sweet treats of choice this week were Dove Hearts.  Ahhh!  I'm a sucker for Dove hearts and anything chocolate really.  So, I've been 'treating' myself multiple times a day.  I seriously have no control over chocolate, which is why I can't have it around.  I need to do some more encouraging soon and send out the rest of my temptation.

There was a great veggie and fruit spread at the training I went to with my special young lady.  Perfect!  I can have all the fruits and veggies I want.  Training got over quickly and we headed out to our shopping extravaganza.  This trip was a huge success and we all got what we wanted!  Shopping for this special event also includes dinner out.  May I remind you that I already went out for lunch, so this was meal #2 out on the town.  We decided to try the new Hard Rock Cafe downtown Seattle.  So instead of going for a salad or a lighter dinner, be both went gung ho for the huge burger and fries with an onion ring and bacon. Damn!  It was delicious, but I had some remorse hanging out in the back of my head and the bottom of my stomach.  It was the first time since I started this journey that I had eaten until I was uncomfortable.  I hate being uncomfortable in my clothes due to overstuffing of the mouth.  Not good moments.  Upon arriving home, my pooch was desperate for a walk, but I was so full that I couldn't even move.  FAIL #2 for the evening.  I do believe however that before I went to bed that I was able to complete my ab set for the night.  A small redemption after a day of failure.

Friday was a much better day.  I had time to stop for a latte, the line was long, but I had time, so I waited patiently.  Completely avoided the pastry case and scooted my big bum to work.  Mid morning snack was an apple.  For lunch I had a string cheese and some wheat thins.  All of these things were within my means for the day, I was trying hard cut back after my day of overindulgence.  I ate WELL OVER my allotted points for the day.  So today I was making up for it.  A couple more of those evil Dove Hearts made their way into my stomach before I could escape from the grasps of work.  Home for some more work and then a dinner date with my favorite 'family'.  I opted for soup and some cheese flatbread.  A good choice.  I ended the night with some sugar free jello a fiber bar.  I have been eating a fiber bar a day and I feel like my GI is getting back on track which makes me happier than you know.  Despite getting home late, it was time to get out for walk.  Pete and I booked it!  We walked about 4 miles in almost an hour.  It was a great night for a walk, very crisp and clear.  Came home for some FBing and PINing.  Too many things on my computer suck the free time out of me like no other.

Ahhhhhh.....Saturday.  One of my favorite days of the week.  We have some open units in our apartment complex, so I was up and ready to show the units.  I had a showing that was late, so I got all my laundry started while I waited (a great start to the day).  After the showing, some laundry rotation and then I was ready to venture out with the dog before my next appointment.  I had seen the University Farmers Market on some of my weekend drives, I decided it was time for Pete and I to check it out.  I absolutely adore the Ballard Sunday Market and the Fremont Sunday Market, so I was sure the UW equivalent would be great. I looked it up online last night to make sure I knew what hours they operated, etc...  So, it's about a mile hike UPHILL from my place to the market, knowing it was going to be downhill all the way back made the hike up worth it.  I had been wanting to try some new recipes that I discovered on Pinterest, my newest online addiction.  I went to the market in search of ingredients for these dishes.  Upon arriving at the market, huffing and puffing, we headed into the market.  People were looking at my like I had some sort of communicable disease, I couldn't figure out what was wrong.  I knew I wasn't imagining it, I was getting serious dirty looks.  I made it down the first aisle and then noticed a sign at one of the other entrances "NO DOGS".  Well, that explains the dirty looks, but I was super annoyed.  I understand that not everyone loves dogs and I can respect that.  I would never bring my dog into a business where he was not welcome and I would never assume that he was welcome in anyones home or business unless I had asked first.  Bt I checked the website last night and it didn't say anything about no dogs and the entrance I came in DID NOT have a sign.  I wish instead of people giving me dirty looks, someone would have just said something.  So, instead of getting the items I needed, I had to turn around and take the pooch back to the house.  I wasn't about to trek back up that hill, so I jumped in the car and headed back up to the market.  The market didn't have anything I needed, so I went over to the grocery store to check out my items.  I can tell you that I will be sticking to the Fremont and Ballard Markets from now on.  I'm hoping the weather tomorrow will cooperate and I can hit the burke gilman over to Fremont tomorrow.

The first dish I was working on is a 'chocolate chip cookie dough dip'.  It's to satiate my sweet tooth in the healthiest way possible.  It's made with garbanzo beans, brown sugar, vanilla and a few other ingredients.  It's a dessert hummus.  I whipped it up, wasn't crazy about the taste.  It was tasty, but it was 'off'.  I made a new batch that turned out better, but I decided there was no way I could each both batches that I had made.  So, I decided to bake the batter and see what happens.  It made cookie type bars, pretty good if I can get past the fact they are made with garbanzo beans and not flour.  I must also mention for my friends who are GF/DF/EF, these are totally for you!  One of the other recipes I will be working on tonight is a freezer breakfast meal that should last me about two months.  I picked up peppers, onions, mushrooms, potatoes, eggs and chicken sausage.  I am going to make a breakfast burrito filling.  I will be adding the filling to 36 small four tortillas, sprinkling some cheese on them and then wrapping in plastic wrap and ziplocing them up.  They are a quick and easy breakfast with veggies and protein for 5 points each!!  You take them out and nuke them in the plastic wrap (steaming effect) in the microwave and chow down!  I'm really excited for these.  A great way for me to get my breakfast in and in a healthy way.  I myself prefer corn tortillas, but I don't think they will hold up as well as the flour for this recipe.  I also have a great cookie recipe that I want to try.  I love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and someone has promised that this will be the ultimate.  I can't wait to try them. I also have been getting great tips on Pinterest on how to store food.  My biggest issue, especially with desserts and cookies is that I bake the entire batch and then I want to EAT the entire batch.  With these cookies I am going to freeze the dough balls and then I can take 1 or 2 out at a time and keep myself in control.

Sunday was near perfect.  I slept in as late as my body would let me, which today was noon.  Yikes!  I missed the swim session I was planning on making.  The man and I headed to my aunt and uncles house for a late lunch of flank steak, sweet potatoes and veggies galore.  So delish and it was under 10 points for the whole lunch.  I stopped by my favorite peoples house to visit for a bit and then home again home again jiggity jig.  I headed out and shaved 10 minutes off my walk from Friday.  I was in the mood to book it because it was raining and I was ready to eat again, all the more reason to get home quickly.  Dinner was a cup of bbq chicken strips leftover from Friday, some wheat crackers and a babybel.  A weird dinner, but it worked for me.  I also ate a cookie dough ball, yummy.  I will be freezing the rest tomorrow so I'm not tempted to keep eating the dough.  Tomorrow is Monday again, my how the time flies.  Early morning swim with Noelle and a great day ahead!

Feeling good about what this week brings and I am on track to being active.  I am in love with walking and I am finding more routes that I want to explore.  I want to continue eating as low carb as possible and this week my goal is to eat raw vegetables every day and to do at least 45 minutes of cardio for 7 days in a row, starting today (especially since I've already done it) through next Friday.  Enjoy the photos of my creations for the weekend!

Love what you are doing today and eat something yummy for me!

Cookie Dough Dip - Baked Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment