Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 8: Food, yummy yummy, it tastes so good

There is a song I know, sung and written by an amazing young man about food. My post title is reminiscent of that song today. Today, I enjoyed food. I cooked a huge meal for my staff today for our New Years Party. Amazing beef/pork meatloaf, homemade mac n cheese, brown sugar bacon green beans, my favorite salad, fresh french bread and pumpkin cream cheese bars from scratch. It was a feast fit for a king. I was good ALL day waiting to eat this meal. I also held off consuming any caffeine until about 5pm today. I have no idea how I did that, but then I took a dive and drank 3 cans of diet coke. I realized something today as I was "waiting" to eat this food. When I am in the kitchen, doing my thing, and I have time to kill....like when I'm waiting for the next thing or prepping anything, I just throw things in my mouth. Today there were multiple instances where I wanted to just go nuts and put everything in my mouth. I gave in a few times, piece of cheese here, a few nuts there, testing the bacon. You know, you gotta test the bacon, it's an important thing in the cooking process, trust me, I'm a pro. I HAVE to watch myself in the kitchen, I love testing and trying things, but I need to stop eating soooo much when I'm in the kitchen. There is so much temptation and I need to get that under control. I'm working on some tactics, but I'm not there yet. Cooking is one of my careers, I love it. So this is something I need to get under control. I saw this preview for a new show on tv, called 'Fat Chef'. It's all about these people who are chefs and cooks and they are fat because they test and eat all of their food. Tony and I saw the commercial the other day and I was like, that's me.

Success for the day, two stints of cardio!! I planned on getting up early this morning to get my walk in with Pete, but my body was screaming at me to sleep more, so I did. I skipped out on Pete this morning, vowing to him before I left that I would get him out for at least 30 minutes this evening. During my 5 hour cook fest for this event, I had about an hour to kill while meatloaf was cooking and the start of the mac n cheese. Luckily, the amazing home in which I was cooking had a gym, so I jumped on their elliptical trainer and kicked out a 30 minute high intensity workout while the feast cooked. It was great!!! I felt a lot better about partaking in the meal with some cardio under my belt. I had a good piece of meatloaf, a pile of green beans and about 5 bites of mac n cheese. I was stuffed, not uncomfortable, but full. It felt good to be full and to not have finished the food on my plate. I was wasting food, but don't worry, I composted!! I finished of the night doing dishes and having about 5 bites of pumpkin bars.

I packed up and headed home. Arriving home at 9:30, I was struggling to honor my commitment to the pooch, but he gave me those big puppy dog eyes when I got home and I couldn't resist. I changed into my walking shoes, grabbed and jacket and headed out on my 40 minute course. Only difference was, it was butt freakin cold, so I was booking it! Got my heart rate up even higher and I wanted out of the cold. The only unfortunate, yet humorous and mortifying thing that could happen when are out walking....panic poo. Have you ever had panic poo?? You start to get stomach cramps, you start to sweat, you panic....it's not fun. I am sad to say this is not my first experience with panic poo. Especially lately, I've had quite a few times. So, I'm out walking the dog after 10pm at night in an area where there aren't public restrooms, I'm about 15 minutes away from home and there is no way I'm gonna make it. So the dilemma, poop my pants or fertilize some foliage. I chose the later. Luckily the last part of my course is along the Burke Gilman Trail in a dark area. So, yup, that's right, I panic poo'd on the Burke Gilman trail in the dark with my dog.

I guess that's my body laying down some karma for me. I cleansed it and then dumped a load of heavy food on it today, so it made me pay. I must say it was worth it, the food was good and I enjoyed, but in moderation. I stayed within my WW points for the day and I got in over an hour of cardio.

Food, yummy yummy....I love it!


2 comments:

  1. I told him you mentioned this song and then read him the mention and he thought that was "pretty beast." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! i sing that song often in my head when I'm enjoying my food. miss you all!

    ReplyDelete