Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 6: Aint no mountain high enough....

Oh wait, yes there is..... Today, we hiked. I decided that Pete and I were gonna start working on embracing exercise in nature on the weekends. So I downloaded a fancy app for hikes called EveryTrail. I punched in my zip code and it gave me dozens of hikes in the area. I perused them, some I had done before, but I was looking for something a little more difficult. After all I'm on a journey to fitness, so I needed to step my game up. I decided that hikes around 1 mile were too easy for me. So I picked Mt. Si, listed as dog friendly, moderately difficult and about 3 miles up. I thought to myself, totally do-able. So I headed up this morning to hike the crap out of Mt. Si with Pete and of course my trusty encourager and weekend companion, Noelle. After discovering we needed to purchase a pass to exercise on a mountain, going on a mini goose chase for said pass, we start this hike. I few things I noted to myself and out loud regarding this hike...

When the trail app says 3 miles, they really mean 4.

When the trail app says moderate difficult, they mean crazy ass difficult!!

When you think a trail is going to be mostly dirt, you could be wrong, it could be mostly rocks.

In the parking lot if you see most of the people wear leg mud flaps, wearing serious hiking shoes and using ski poles to help them climb.....there's a reason for it. And yes, your yoga pants and tennis shoes are inadequate.

It was an adventure, we made it up about 1.5 miles and then turned around. Making it about 3 miles round trip in a little under two hours. We enjoyed fresh spring water, Noelle being the only brave one to drink straight from it, me dipping my water bottle in it. Promising that we would return, multiple times if necessary, to climb that *itch of a Mountain!!

Rewarded ourselves with lattes and bagels. A most joyous time.

Returned home to do some serious cleaning and organizing. Stocked my drawers with workout gear and finally set up (after 7 months of living here) my desk area. Feels so good to have space where I can do my thing!!

After finishing the cleanse yesterday, I did eat and I did have serious fire poop and crampage. I had soup, noodles, broth, small amount of meat and a roll. My stomach was upset about all of it. Today, stomach has treated me a tad bit better, but I haven't felt that hungry. Staying busy helps me to NOT think about food.

This week brings tracking my food, walking my dog, swimming at 6am with Noelle, a return to my weight watchers meeting, more walking and hopefully some weight lifting.

I am including pics of my new space and a great lookout of our hike this morning!!

Starting to get hungry....thinking about dinner and the choices I have....I love food.

No comments:

Post a Comment