Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 5: Cleanse Complete Fools!!

I am DONE with the first cleanse of the year. I don't think there is anything left in my body. It's all come out, trust me! I did cheat a few times, with small pieces of chocolate, but I had some serious rampage thanks to my monthly gift the last few days and that seemed to provide me some relief. I encountered so many of my favorite foods and snacks this week being shoved in my face. Ok, so they weren't really shoved in my face, but that was my perception for sure. I prevailed! I did not eat, I did not give into temptation. I'm feeling great about that victory and ready for more!

So many times this week I felt like I NEEDED food, I NEEDED to feel comforted by it. Which is exactly what food is for me, comforting. It's what I know, it's what I do, it's what I love. But what I realized is I wasn't hungry. My magical lemonade potion kept me satisfied, I wasn't having hunger pains or hunger groans. I didn't really need food, I just wanted it to feel better. I want to keep that in the forefront of my mind as I take this journey and know that it's not something I need to feel better, that I have other so many other outlets in life that can make me 'feel better', when things are crappy.

I am feeling some fear about food this weekend. What is it going to do to my stomach? I'm fearing some retaliation from my stomach and my body. The goal is to stick to more raw foods, avoid heavy foods for the next few days to ease back into eating. I will begin tracking my food again today with my Weight Watchers app and I'll head back to my first meeting next week. I have some great support in WW, one is a great friend, Marshiela who has lost over 100 pounds and kept it off with WW. I am so in awe of her and she is a great mentor for me in that process to keep tracking, which seems to be the hardest thing for me. When I deviate from the 'plan', I love to lie to myself and pretend that it didn't happen. This does such a disservice to me and I want to be real and true this time around, with myself and with the world.

So, I awoke this morning, hoping for a final bowel movement, but it didn't come, boo hiss. So, I decided to weigh in, shower, blog and hit the streets with one of my biggest fans, Noelle. So I'm off for the day and this weekend looks promising. Headed out for some girl time, out for a friends birthday tonight and Sunday brings a hike with the pup and some post holiday cleaning and organizing, which excites me to no end (for real, it does).

So....what you've been waiting for, the results of the cleanse.....

Weight: 283.2
Pounds Lost: 10.6

HOLY CHEESE BALLS!! I lost 10 pounds in 5 days. Now, to sustain that and move forward. I know I can do it.

I love food people....and now I'm about to go eat some.

No comments:

Post a Comment