Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 19: Oh Canada, my home and native land

I know the entire Canadian National Anthem....by heart.  I know the anthem by heart because I grew up in hockey rinks and if you know anything about hockey, you know Canadians and their national anthem.  I'm proud to say if that was all it took for duel citizenship, I'd have it in the bag!!

Why do I bring this up?  Well, we attempted to return to the land of that anthem today on a spur of the moment shopping trip, but cut ourselves short and stopped in Mount Vernon.  You see I decided today that it was finally time to get myself to the Lululemon outlet store.  Now, I'm not one to be obsessed over name brand products or designer gear.  I have no shame in shopping at Wal-Mart and I actually love shopping there no matter what people say about that place.  I was raised white trash and I will die white trash.  Which is also maybe why sometimes I am obsess over having things that are 'status forming' in my eyes.  The reason I drive a BMW, the reason I have an iPhone/iPad/MacBook Pro, the reason I purchase high end kitchen gear :).  I also have those things because I work my ass off at three jobs and I deserve to treat myself when I want to.  So, back to Lululemon.  Most of my workout gear has been purchased at Wal-Mart, Target, Ross and places like that.  I won't pay more than $15 for workout pants or a sports bra.  But I have been lusting after Lulu.  She is sooooo damn expensive though, when I saw the outlet on multiple occasions when I was returning from camping trips, I committed to returning one day.  Today was that day.  After a mani/pedi with Noelle and one of my awesome teens, Noelle agreed to join me on this "short" trip. I was convinced that the outlet was somewhere around Marysville, which is about 40 minutes from Seattle, at most.  Well, I was wrong, it was about 40 miles north of Marysville, making it about a 70 minute drive, oops!  When we arrived....the outlet wasn't much of an outlet at all, it was their regular priced items that were about $6-$20 off.  NOT A DISCOUNT when you are talking about pants that cost $89 and jackets that cost $130.  Yikes!  So, I settled for capris that were two for one, why?  Because I NEEDED them!  We then walked over to Nike and I got shoes, a shirt and a jacket for the same price I got the pants at Lulu. But I was happy with all purchases.  I also conceded to return home and ask my handsome man to buy me a full price Lulu hoodie.  

Now, why all this crazy designer wear you ask?  Well, I have been against purchasing "goal clothes" for the last 10 years.  I used to do that all the time when I was in high school and I failed miserably every time and I would have to donate the clothes or they would go out of style and I would just junk them.  Made me feel worse about myself.  But this whole Lulu thing had me thinking, I'm committed right?  I don't care how long it takes, I can do this.  So, I'm buying one.  If I'm gonna drop an obscene amount of money on a hoodie, I want to look GOOD in it.  And actually, the handsome man agreed to buy it for me, but still, cha-ching!!  So, I'm not buying one in my size.  Now, let's be real....Lulu doesn't sell anything for people "my size".  So no matter what I bought, it wasn't going to fit me now.  But I didn't buy the biggest size, which they call their XL, but it's a size 12.  Seriously, when did size 12 become an XL. Holy crap people, that's crazy.  Their size L is a 10. That is the size I bought.  Now, I don't think their size 10 is true 10.  Because I can see that it will take about 30-40 pounds off and it will fit me.  Wasn't sure I would reveal this, but I know sizes.  I have been ALL sizes that one could imagine.  At my heaviest, I was a size 22.  Yikes, there it is....that is 12 sizes larger than the hoodie I bought today.  Or 6 sizes if you count that women's sizes go up by 2's.  Still, never thought when I was younger that I would be that big.  By the time I left high school I was a size 18.  The last time I was a size 10 was probably sometime in grade school or EARLY middle school.  I have never been a small person.  I have like I said before, always been active.  

So...tonight I will be hanging that hoodie in my cave to look at everyday until I can feel it's warmth against my skin.  The pants may fit sooner than that, but that as well will remain to be seen.

The snow has finally left us.  I spent three days breaking my back shoveling snow and salting our sidewalks so that none of our residents or passer-bys would have any issues or falls.  The job of a resident manager when the weather is shitty, sucks!  But I got my sweat on and beefed up my arm muscles for sure.  I went for another trek in the snow with Pete, this time sans the donut stop, but we did grab a latte at the end.  It was a great three days off, though I was going crazy at the end, ready to get back to work.  My revelations from my last post were great, but I was ready to get up and get out of the house.  I went to work on Friday and got some things done, slipped around on the streets a bit, but survived nonetheless.  Feel as though I made good food choices this week, stayed within my WW points and got myself some great workouts.

I found myself headed to bed last night with a runny nose and stuffy head.  I thought that was funny, seeing as though I hadn't been around germy kids all week.  So, this morning, I woke up full blown sick.  My head was cloudy and my sinuses were jammed with snot.  Gross.  I had a horrible night sleep and I walked right past my intended weigh in and spaced it out.  So...I think this will be the week that I switch my weigh ins to my Weight Watchers meetings.  I have decided to let my pride go and be accountable to more than one place.  To all of you people and to my WW people.  I need to own up to the fact that I gained it back and let them support me in taking it back off.  I also just feel like garbage and the last thing I want to do is drag the scale out and weight my big booty.  The great thing about being sick though is I have no appetite.  I can't taste anything and I'm totally plugged up.  So, I haven't had much all day and I'm not really hungry.  I had a latte this morning, a small burrito (spinach tortilla, chicken, rice, black beans and a dollop of sour cream) around 4pm and I'm on my fourth cup of tea.  I HATE tea, so it says a lot that I am drinking it, trying to beef up my immune system.  But other than that, my body is empty.

So, you will have to wait a few more days my friends for the official weigh in of the week.

A few things I have decided this weekend though...to add to my list.  I have been having issues since my cleanse with poop.  Aside from my panic poo episode and coming down off my cleanse I have been extremely irregular and I hate it.  I am a 3 times a day pooper people, and I'm lucky if it happens once a day now.  So, I need to fiber it up this week and hopefully get my body back on track.  That being said....I have decided to cut out grains this week (bread, noodles, rice, tortillas, oatmeal, etc...) and up my intake of fiber. I have also decided that I need to add in some things to my activity each day.  After all this is done, I want abs of steel.  So, I figure, it I start my abs now, once I melt the fat off, the abs will just be waiting for me on the other side.  So, I have a great 5 ab rotation that I can do daily.  Each ab at 20 reps a piece is 100 reps a day.  They can be done laying on bed before I go to sleep.  So, I am now committing to abs every day.  I am also committing to get rid of my flag bearing underarms.  So, I want to do push-ups or chair dips every day.  I figure I do one when I wake up and one before I got to bed with my cardio during the day, perfection.

So...there you have it.  My pride, my greed, my shame and my goals all in one post.  It's out there, no holds barred.  I still love food, but right now it don't taste good, so I'm choking down my tea...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment