Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 14: Seattle Jump on It, Jump on It

I'm jumping all over it today!!! After yesterday's fried food fest tragedy, I went the opposite way today and am setting myself up for success this week. My teen trip to Olympia got cancelled due to weather, so I had the whole day at home again.

First thing on the list, sleep and laundry. Happy to report that I slept in (probably waaaaay later than was necessary), but it felt good nonetheless. Got through my entire laundry basket and ventured out to the grocery store on foot with Pete. We fueled up before hand with a banana and some agua. Picked up some chicken teriyaki for me and the man on the way home.

Spent the afternoon researching and planning food for the week with what I already had in the fridge. I cleaned out quite a few "crevasses" in our apartment as well, which felt great.

So....I mapped out the week. Made some great banana chocolate chip mini muffins that are 1 point each and I am on my way to make some mini chocolate chip cookies that are 1 point each as well. Muffins taste great and are made with yogurt instead of butter and oil and will suffice for my sweet carb cravings in the mornings. The cookies are made with egg whites and help curb cravings when I want a giant helping of ice cream or the temptation in eating large cookies.

Cleaning out the fridge and freezer was fun!!! I pulled out one of my favorite cooking tools....the crock pot. So I threw in a frozen chicken breast, some frozen cube steak, a can of diced tomatoes, a can of tomato sauce, a large bundle of fresh green beans, 2 cups of fresh mushrooms, 3 diced potatoes, 2 zucchini squash and a myriad of spices. Im cooking it on low for about 3 hours. It's only 5 points a serving and I can't wait to eat it for dinner for the rest of the week. Packed with veggies, flavor and nutrients.

I'm jumping all over it people. I love food and I'm taking control this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment