Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 13: Winter Wonderland

Today was a beautiful day. I love snow and today it dumped for five hours!!! Had to buy a snow shovel and everything. The weather did cause a change in plans for the day. Roads were definitely iffy this morning so we decided to cancel the swim session and pedicure appointments. Instead I strapped up the pooch, put on Tony's oversized puffy coat and headed out to enjoy the snow. It was like being at the north pole there was so much snow. We trekked to the laundry mat to get some quarters, to the bank to deposit a check and then down to the village for a latte. I went for a latte and I was hungry, so I decided to try the new chicken sausage wrap at the Buck. It was delicious!! Tons of veggies, egg whites and chicken sausage, only 7 WW points for the whole thing!!

The man and I headed to Target for some de-icer for our complex and a snow shovel. Grabbed myself a boat load of veggies for meals this week and some new fiber chocolate products, we shall see how they taste. Came home and sweated it out for about 45 minutes shoveling all of the walkways and sidewalks around our apartment complex.

Though I got out and made the most of my day, food seemed to have gotten the best of me today. I made good choices this morning, but I allowed myself to indulge this afternoon and then I just kept on going. The thing is, I knew what I was doing. I didn't go bananas, but I ate things that made me feel crappy. The man and I went out to target and "swung" by Ezells for some lunch. Do you know what Ezells is? It's the most amazing fried chicken on the planet. But more amazing than the chicken are their rolls. Seriously, amazing. So Tony went for 4 pieces of chicken. I had a leg and 2 rolls. Not my finest moment, but it tasted amazing. I was still within my points for lunch, but it wasn't the best choice for my body.

The evening brought an outing with 8 of my wonderful middle schoolers. Every time I take kids out for dinner, they chose Red Robin. Red Robin has a ton of choices, but all of my favorites are not what I should be eating. So, I compromised, I had my favorite burger on a lettuce bed instead of a bun and minus the mayo. Instead of regular fries, I had sweet potato fries. The fries weren't that good, so I only ate like 4. The burger was hard to eat, but better than eating a bun. Sad news is...that I substituted eating a bun and fries and instead ate 4 onion rings. Ahhhh!!!! Seriously fatty, can't you control yourself???? It's only been 13 days and I already caved. Funny thing is, I was still within my weight watchers points. But I haven't had that much fried stuff since December and it definitely made me sick. So if nothing else today, my body told me I needed to stop, let me know this wasn't what I needed.

This is real people, I LOVE food! I love it fried and cooked with butter. I need to keep learning how to stop myself, how to let my brain know its not necessary to have that to be happy.

A low point for the week. Time to recover and get back on my feet tomorrow. I didnt feel out of control, but I felt bad about what I was doing. I want to feel good about the choices I make. If I choose a fried option, I want to feel in control and like it was a good choice, not something I caved into.

Tomorrow: more walking, more walking, more walking. No fried food.

No comments:

Post a Comment