Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 1: I am hungry

Today is day one of my first cleanse on the Journey towards fitness. The Master Cleanse actually tastes good!!!!! I highly recommend it if you are looking for a detox/cleanse. I've done my share of cleanses and detox, I usually can't hack it because it tastes gross. But this is lemonade girl, it tastes delish with a little bit of heat at the end. If you are interested, check out themasterscleanse.org for the deets. But I need to tell you, I'm hungry and the caffeine headache has set in. Knowing that I can't really remedy that is not comforting. I'm the kind of girl that drinks a latte or copious amounts of creamed coffee each morning and rounds out the day with at least 6-8 cans of diet coke (usually in Super Big Gulp form). Now I can also tell you that it's not likely that I will ever stop drinking coffee of my beloved diet coke, but it may lead me to cut back. I do rely heavily on caffeine to get through the day and now realizing that I'm gonna need to rely on something else, higher heart rate and rest. I need to get my heart rate up on a daily basis and I need to get rest. I'm the kinda girl that loves to stay up late and my man is not a supporter of me going to bed early. He works a night shift 4 nights a week and we stay up together the other nights of the week, usually leaving me to survive on 4-6 hours of sleep. Which I am good with, but the more research I do, the more I find that real rest aids in healthy weight loss. So, another goal to add to my list, sleep 8 hours a night.

The day started with a bang, me and Pete hit the streets at 7:30 to walk and start our day. He was pumped, I was sweaty. I have deprived this little man of daily LONG walks waaaay too long!!! But that changes now.

So, I'm hungry, but not defeated. Thank the Lord because it's only day one. The lemonade tastes great and I'm telling myself I can drink it for 6 more days. Though today may have been the crappiest day to start a "cleanse". Why? You ask....because dinner is provided at my place of employment on Tuesday nights. And tonight, what was for dinner???? BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders and homemade Mac n cheese. Seriously??? Could that have been more of a perfect meal for me? Ahhhh!!! But I was strong, did a lot of smelling and lusting, but I kept drinking my lemonade and I made it out alive.

So, enough about my day, on to the important stuff. My weight. Gross photos. Drumroll please........

Weight: 293.8

Yikes!!! Not gonna lie, I was a bit relieved to see the 2 at the beginning of my weight instead of a 3. I had this overarching fear that I'd hit 300. Though this number isnt something I'm pumped to tell everyone, now it's there.

And the before photos.....be afraid, be very afraid. But be excited too!!!

Walk like an Egyptian and walk with me through this. The good the bad and the ugly.

I love food....

No comments:

Post a Comment